Thursday, September 24, 2009

Real life or connected ?

These days more and more young men and women have to make this choice. Why ? well my opinion is that we live in a cruel world and everybody tends for that perfect look, the fat wallet, popularity or whatever is cool these days, unfortunately not all of us can get these certain things and some choose to isolate themselves in the perfect online world.
Right now I'm in a struggle to understand how the above mentioned think and what makes them choose to live this lonely life, I don't care about all geeks and other freaks which refuse to live their lives, I kinda care about a guy I consider one of my best friends and I have a feeling that he makes a big mistake by refusing any social interaction. Me and this guy grew up together at the beginning we didn't really came along because we both had huge ego's and couldn't figure out a way to get along, it got so far we even had to fight and the bastard kicked my ass, anyway we grew up and solved the ego problems and I consider him a pleasant company because we can talk hours about all sorts of stuff.
If you get to know this guy you will realize that he is really competitive and his ambitions become his obsessions, and it's a shame he wont focus on productive activities. A couple of years ago he told me about this awesome online game and that he will get it and try it to see if it is so awesome as some describe it, he bought the game as time passed he got hooked to it. Each time we meet he told me how complex this game is and I should join so we can play together, well I didn't join because I was to cheap to pay the 14 euro's each month for this game. For a period of time he managed to keep in balance his life and his gaming hobby, when the financial crisis hit our country he had to move with his job into another city so he quit, after quitting his job he started to play more and more and even if he had more free time we meet each other very rare. At this point I cant reach him, I try to contact him each day but he wont answer my calls and I know he is in the house because I can see that his PC monitor is turned on. I invited him to go out skiing or swimming with me and my girlfriend but he keeps refusing our invitations.
I hope he will read this and I hope it will open his eyes, because he is wasting his life for a stupid game.

Thinking whether to E-mail him a link to my blog, I guess he will get angry and deny what I wrote ....

/over

No comments:

Post a Comment