Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Chasing ambulances

Woke up this morning at 4:30 am in order to take a work related trip, I was heading towards a town which is almost 400 km away. I need like 12 hours to go there do the stuff I have to do and come back but to do so I can't just drive the car I need to pilot it ! Morning ... streets empty, I went for it ! felt like Clint Eastwood in the wild west, guns blazing pedal to the metal kind of shit or volle pulle how my German friend like to call it. To bad we don't have the autobahn here but instead we've got some dodgy pieces of asphalt with a white line in the middle we like to call national roads. Anyway at some point I had a ambulance in front of my car, the ambulance was on a mission with lights and sirens the whole circus in effect, the ambulance driver was beating the shit that Mercedes van (pretty fast things with turbo charged diesel engines) but still he wasn't fast enough. I was thinking how bad would it be if I would overtake the ambulance, after all if I follow it people stay out of my way but if I stay behind it at 120 kph (in a 50 kph area) I will lose time. WENT for it ! I was so pumped it didn't matter I was overtaking on a double continuous lane and over a pedestrian crossing doing 150 kph. My fun ended swiftly when I saw a police car monitoring the traffic, the police man didn't even managed to get out of the car I had my signal lights on and was about to pull over.
The dude came out and asked me if I knew what I did ... well I knew to well but I needed a god excuse to keep my license and not get a great money penalty. As I was carrying some industrial stuff with me (a pump and some other parts) I told the cop that my behaviour is justified as an emergency also (like an ambulance wtf!) because I'm carrying those equipments to a hospital in a certain town which needs them that morning for the people coming in for their dialysis. Of course I admitted my offence also. The cop was thinking and thinking (I almost shat myself) ... than he spoke:
- Look I wont let you go just with a warning, I will fine you for not having your fog lights on and you also need to promise me you will behave.
- Yes KIND SIR ! I will ! were do I sign ?
- Thank you ! bye !
After I got a fine worth the equivalent of 10$, I thought I was on my way to catch up with the ambulance ... and I did too ! at nearly 1 km away from were I was fined, an underpaid asshole (exactly like I am, I was a selfish moron dumb twat for driving like that) tried to climb a tree with a company branded Chevrolet Spark, he lost some teeth in the process, the ambulance was for him. Well I've arrived home 2 hours later than planned, but I'm here writing about it, not in some hospital sipping my dinner trough a straw. Bad road manners kill people ... I've had enough !

This suits this topic:

Iggy for president !

No comments:

Post a Comment