Thursday, July 19, 2012

Lost

Been traveling quite a lot in the past few weeks, also had enough time to reflect on some issues and came to a frightening conclusion. I'm somehow lost, not really convinced that what I'm doing is the best thing for me, the people I look up to seem to be a group of selfish characters, its hard for me to entrust them with my future. Its expected from me to run (as an owner) and reform the company I'm currently employed, increase, multiply optimize all sorts of fancy corporate terminology which I hate with all my living soul and my guts get weird rashes while listening to such business babbling. Had a 10 days entrepreneurial workshop (fancy elitist, rediscovering hot water type of nonsense) meant to motivate and increase the business spirit urge ... went through it like a boss no stress at all, I was supposed to identify my weaknesses, what I had to improve, prove to myself that I had the nuts to approach strangers on the street and try to sell them stuff. Frankly I knew long before that I had to work on some things, mostly not being such a lazy prick, lose certain ethics and grab any chance but I also knew I had it in me to approach strangers and sell them things and I can do that easily with great success by profiting from the right social environment and the right type of dudes (I hunt alpha male macho type of douchebags ... weak cunts for me to profit from). This waste of 10 days wasn't necessary to rediscover myself and this is whats really unsettling, people which I let guide me through business value this and somehow they believe that I have to rediscover myself get to know myself better, I already know me well enough to tell you right away that I'm not hyped by the type of business I'm in and thinking seriously on my alternatives. For the moment I'm lost and scared, not sure where to start, not sure what to do, keep going even if I'm not entirely happy with this and eventually dump everything as soon as I figure out something better. I'll be back with a more positive swing sooner or later. Ever wondered how you make one of these ?

1 comment:

  1. We are constantly pressed with the “obligation” for constant improvement of our social communication or selling skills, whether we sell god knows what things or even ourselves. I know: better results, more action, persuasion, talk, talk, talk.
    Personal evolution means something else.
    How about getting LOST on a shore somewhere, learning to do different type of knots?
    A.

    ReplyDelete