Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Pirate blood !

Nowadays the entertainment industry faces 1 common enemy, 1 enemy, responsible for trillions of gazillions worth of losses as they claim. What do they do against these virtual corsairs ? try to fight them, brand the responsible people as outlaws of the world wide web and the chase is on. In this realm money solves everything, there are no such things like "political power" "influence" its just money and people around it. As a short side story, I don't like my office colleague, I would very much like him hanged by his tongue, if I'd had enough money I could work something out pay off some fixers, frame him with public bestiality and perhaps pedophilia and he could enjoy a life in tar and feathers. Back to our hens, this sort of practices are exactly what the wealthy corporations are doing in order to fight my beloved pirates, take Mr. Assange arrested on the basis of some rape charges, the mighty Dotcom got locked down after being raided by the entire effective of New Zealand's police (the guy hosted space on the internet, that's all he did) and the examples are countless ... the big boys feel uncomfortable when somebody plays with their toys and would spend ridiculous amounts of money in order to control the yard. It went so far and deep enough that important people involved in various governments were pushed (paid ?) to adopt new laws (sopa, pipa, acta) which would protect certain low-down interests of the entertainment industry. Musicians, actors, artists are against these methods yet somehow something convinces them to sign and resign contracts with the very same corporations which claim to lose so much money due to piracy, and still ... platinum records are awarded, record sales are registered each year, how is this ? from an industry which claims to lose so much money ? its all about CONTROL and GREED. I'm a pirate always been (starting with the legendary napster went trough kazaa, imesh, emule, peer to peer, torrents, jailbreak for my mac devices, you name it) and always will be, like real pirates I do have ethics and I'm pretty sure most of my pirate mates would agree, after downloading an album/game/movie/book/program, rate it as being absolutely fantastic in most cases I would get the original thing mostly because I consider it a good which is worth my money and to support the artist. Right now I can say that I'm sailing in the PirateBay ship, love the people behind it, love that community and love the fact that this small puppy grew up as a 3 headed bruised and war scarred hydra, strong enough to withstand any pathetic attempt to shut it down. Maybe this is what they were trying to prevent, by the principle of "kill all the babies, none shall take my throne" they fought small and weak entities and now it seems to get out of hand for the great ship is planning to sail and host in the outer space. Ok, always wanted to approach this subject and well this is my opinion and my opinion is sacred in this place of my supreme dictatorship (the Dictator movie is crap, he ends up softening up and marrying the boygirl). Now boys and girls these guys are not even the worst out there, stay away from the alcohol and tobacco wise guys and don't you dare to invent some engine which runs on smiles ... oil people are strong.

1 comment:

  1. Good point. What about e-books? Most of the time an e-book, that requires no paper, no binding, no shipping, no warehousing, costs more than the retail price of the same book in paperback. It’s no surprise that people may acquire them through other means, like TPB and other places.
    And another thing, sorry to disagree Your Highness, but the Dictator movie has some of the most subtle humor I’ve tasted lately. Well hidden (oil people are strong), but still there.
    Ama

    ReplyDelete