Sunday, April 10, 2011

Do your kids a favor !

Hah ! favors they come in different shapes and prices, are the expensive ones the most valuable ? or the free ones ?
It's 00:51 and I had a long day to think about it, woke with the remains of a funny dream .. I dreamed about my childhood, my funny, always sunny childhood and I guess I will remember certain episodes all my life. We had an elderly couple as neighbors and for some reason they always liked to pick an argument with us, there was always something, playing to loud, made a mess with paper cornets which we blew out of plastic tubes, sometimes we missed our slingshot targets (usually placed under a window), they made us feel guilty. The lady was pretty large and man was as skinny as a thin wire, 1st we named her "the wale" shortly after he became sharky. Me and my childhood mates used to hang out in front of the block's entrance especially on hot summer afternoons, that place seemed cooler, we stood there and played card games, reading french comics and do what boys usually do. Like always when we had fun, the aqua couple picked on us, not sure whether they went to far that particular time or our balls grew. Started yelling about some flowers which dried out calling us worms and loud rats in the process, we talked back, called them by their small names, reminded something about her eating everything while her husband leaves for soda (soda was the shit back then, we had a stainless steel 10l canisters which we filled at a neighbors shop) and leaving him hungry. At some point they had enough and went back inside, but we continued with the attacks, we attached an apple on a long stick and used it to bang in their windows while singing a song about fishes. Of course when my parents came home from work they were informed about my deeds and well I couldn't sit right for a few days ... they even made me apologize (which was embarrassing).
The whole point of this late night writeorama is that as a child I was always told to be kind, respect others, say please/thank you, wash my hands, don't swear, fear the wolf the snake and the gypsy. If you ask me some of these teachings would be useful in a fantasy society but not the one in which we are living and therefore are just a load of moral and ethical bullshit !
For instance why should I teach my kid to respect an abusive grownup, abusive could mean a lot of things for children are really sensitive, does the age grant the right to behave like a brain dead salad tosser ? never heard of such rights !
We are living in a competitive society am I right ? why should I teach my child to be calm and kind say please and thank you ? no ! I wont do it, instead I will tell him to get whats his and take it before everybody, don't ask for permission if he has the right to have it, in the end middle finger up in the air, pants down so they can lick his ass because he is the man !
We grow up fearing the wolf and the snake, adoring the bear and the lion, what the fuck people ? wolves are not that dangerous as bears are, without snakes we would have rat plagues and other nasty problems, nobody says to pet a snake but don't fucking kill it when it crosses your path, he is more scared than you are. You know what a snake thinks when he sees a human ? the snake thinks about growing a pair of Usain Bolt feet and run the fuck away, or kick humans in the nuts !
Pay great attention what you tell you kids, they might have huge problems later in life, kindness, respect, friendship, wisdom are things which must be earned, a minimum amount of decency should suffice the rest must be earned.
Most of these things come from religious interpretations and are not compatible with the modern society, teach your children to live in the real world not some fairy tale trap, do them a favor and prepare them.

While educating listen to this:

No comments:

Post a Comment