Sunday, November 20, 2011

Modern disease

Ever since our pitiful existence mankind fought against disease using various techniques. Primitive shaman cures with groovy hallucinogenic herbs, medieval procedures involving unwashed hands, big hammers and pliers, creepy Victorian surgery, forceps and God knows what else was used to cure various physical affections. With the invention of antibiotics people were pretty much saved and free to overpopulate the planet, the deadly diseases these days kill people on the long run and are not transmissible. In this pink world some twater decided to get mentally ill, others followed him with various sorts of loony odd conditions and here we are people have psychological issues. The doctors tried to figure this out and came up with a gruesome treatment which involved shoving a fucking long nail in your eye (called orbitoclast) in order to mess with your brain(prefrontal cortex more precisely)and eventually calm the fuck down any hyper mental ninja ... I proudly present you with the banned practice of lobotomy. As the mentals did not fear to get stabbed in the eye with a needle the procedure was replaced with medication and nowadays we have medication for everything and everybody can rest assure that his illness is under control. Adjustment disorder, borderline intellectual functioning, antisocial personality disorder, bibliomania (bookophile), conversion disorder, selective mutism (when you cant speak to women ?), exhibitionism, kleptomania (perfect excuse, right for persons who want a career in burglarism ), learning disorders (I had this one, I had it treated with a vigorous whack over my head from my dear mother), narcissistic personality disorder (people in love with themselves), megalomania, tourette's syndrome (fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuck) ... you name it, it exists and somebody is getting treatment for it ! rad right ?
I'm not talking here about serious illnesses like autism or sad stuff like this but is this self induced imaginary things people like to suffer from, come on ! you can't just walk into a shop steal something, if you get busted you show a medical evidence for kleptomania and you are free to walk, this is muffed up ! common sense should tell you to stop. I'll tell whats the problem here, people are bored everything is so comfy these days, no wood to chop, no cattle to herd, no neighbors to fight over the water source, plenty of time to let your head mess with you. Yes ! this is why I like to keep myself busy so I wont have the time to think about my suitable disease. Tried my best not to be affected by these modern conditions but while keeping my mouth shut, my eyes closed, my ears plugged and my hands in my pockets something might have went up my buttox straight to my head and its messing with it. The whole moving over to the US gives me thoughts and a lot of what ifs come along ... I'm suffering from the comfort zone behavioral state which is linked to some anxiety condition fancy schmancy. Basically my melon is telling me that I should not take any risks because its pretty good right here and how comfy my life is, my answer to that is fuck it ! its a pathetic excuse to myself for not being awesome like Barney Stinson. I gave it some time and lectured some articles about this condition and it turned out this behavior is a genetic remain from our cavemen ancestors which had good reasons to fear foreign and unknown places, food, water and shelter were a major issue back then, our world right now is pretty safe, almost risk free if you mind your business. Others say that its dictated by an entity in the brain, well they must be bored or suffer from one of those sad conditions I'm not making fun of. My own and personal opinion about this "comfort zone" is that its related to a certain routine which works for me and therefore I feel good but not accomplished, I'm a pretty open person willing to try new stuff, improve myself within my capabilities, profit from opportunities ... almost everything is worth trying, we're here for this long after all.
Alright ! from cheesy to badass industrial with my mates from Rammstein !

Rammstein - Mein Land from Rammstein on Vimeo.


guess they are trying a comeback after the cock-up with the "Liebe ist fur alle da" album.

1 comment:

  1. The human brain has his own incredible universe. Who knows, maby we only allow this `modern disorders` to take control over us so we can feel (more) alive. It happens to the best of us and I`m pretty sure you have your own weird condition well hidden in some corner of your brain that will pop up when you less expect it.
    Love your posts.
    A

    ReplyDelete