Sunday, January 16, 2011

Friends, buddies, lovers, palls, relatives, good fellas

We celebrated my fiancees birthday the week before, our parents, grandparents, cousins and friends came over for a drink and a chit chat. I've always hated my birthday's for some reason, maybe because I tend to fly under the radar or maybe because I'm not comfortable with that much attention. While having a drink with our guests I was thinking about human emotions, behavior and of course how many of them are really available in the middle of the night to give a helping hand. I consider that the close relatives like parents, grandparents, cousins and so on can be called in the middle of the night and even if its kinda unpleasant they will be there for you without hidden intentions whatsoever. Blood relatives could be trusted but what about these people we call friends ?
Funny thing is that my friends are never there on such events, we don't need a reason to hang out and we don't pussy out when it come to give a hand. Still we had people over which were not family but friends ... my fiances friends. My feelings towards these people are awkward and I have my reasons. I only meet them on celebrations, trips, generally fun related activities but never when I have to move furniture. Even if they offer to help I'm not willing to accept because I'm not sure whats up.
There I was gazing into the a glass of dark beer thinking about the relationships based on a certain interest or benefit. Always thought that true friendship or a relationship between a man and a woman should be based on the perfect chemical/spiritual mix + the divine unknown ingredient ... but its not like this at all. The simplicity of our mere reality is cruel most of the times and yes all friendships, relationships follow a certain gain it doesn't have to be material. A friendship can be based on many things in which each part has a certain interest, some seek wealth, some seek wisdom, others like your humor, sex, psychological relief you name it. This made me reconsider the relationships between human beings and I consider friendships to be a way to exchange stuff.
Considering that the crap I wrote above is accurate than ... 2 identical individuals wont become friends just because there is nothing extra to gain. If people with the same goals work well together means that somewhere inside took place a successful negotiation and this could be love or the sweet taste of success, if the negotiation went wrong at some point friends become enemies ... people with same goals fighting for it instead of collaborating.
Back to our friends, probably we have to know each other better and find a way to trade.

I promised something rock and roll in my previous post ... next one !

can't get this song out of my melon

ta ta for now !

No comments:

Post a Comment